Duck Creek flooding closes Davenport streets


Share
Posted Online: June 13, 2008, 10:02 am
Comment on this story | Print this story | Email this story
Related stories
Press release submitted by City of Davenport

1. Harrison Street & Brady Streets are now open to traffic (limited flow at some times)

2. Eastern Avenue remains closed at the Duck Creek area.

3. Mound Street is being worked on as water is subsiding but crews will be working hard to clean up the silt and other debris left by the flooding waters before it can be open to traffic.

4. Division St (limited traffic flow due to construction north of Central Park); Fairmount Avenue; Marquette Street and Jersey Ridge Road remain open.

5. The River Drive detour from west Davenport to Bettendorf remains in effect. When Mound Street is cleared the east end of River Drive between Bettendorf and Tremont Avenue could be open to traffic.

6. West River Drive will be closed for some time due to flooding at Howell Street and Schmidt Road.

CitiBus routes will be operating as close to route as possible. Expect delays throughout the day. Please call CitiBus to find out where your bus is being detoured.

Related Stories














 



Local events heading








  Today is Sunday, April 20, the 110th day of 2014. There are 255 days left in the year.

1864 -- 150 years ago: The attention of contractors is called to proposals for building a magazine. The building is to be erected on the south side of the island, above the railroad, nearly opposite Sinnit's ice houses.
1889 -- 125 years ago: Ladies patent leather tip shoes were selling for $3 at the M & K store, and men's spring overcoats were advertised at $7.50.
1914 -- 100 years ago: Fred Feuchter, of Davenport, was elected president of the Tri-City Post Office Clerks club, and Joe Goldsmith, of Rock Island, was named secretary treasurer.
1939 -- 75 years ago: Mass vaccination of more than 1,600 employed of the Rock Island Arsenal has been ordered by Col. Norman Ramsey after a 13-year-old daughter of the Arsenal manager became ill with smallpox.
1964 -- 50 years ago: The 1964 Scout-O-Rama of the Sac-Fox Council of Boy Scouts closed a two-day session last evening at the Rock Island Armory with 5,000 paid attendance.
1989 -- 25 years ago: "From the horse and buggy days ... to this" said Mercer County Sheriff Marvin Thirtyacre, waving his hand to indicate the sheriff's department facilities at the new $1.5 million Mercer County Jail in Aledo.




(More History)