Submitted press release|
America's Navy will "come home" to the Quad Cities in conjunction with the Quad Cities Air Show, June 16-22.
Quad Cities Navy Week celebration 2011 gives area residents an opportunity to meet some of the Navy's Sailors and learn about the Navy's mission and its broad-ranging capabilities.
The U.S. Navy conducts approximately 20 Navy Weeks each year, reaching out to communities across the country to show Americans the investment they have made in their Navy. During a Navy Week celebration, the Navy concentrates a variety of outreach events in a metropolitan area for a week, sharing the Navy story with as many people as possible.
The Navy plans to include the following elements in Quad Cities Navy Week:
- The Navy Flight Demonstration Team, "Blue Angels"
- Sailors from the destroyer USS Sullivans (DDG 68)
- Sailors from the amphibious ship USS Dubuque (LPD 8)
- Navy Band musical performances
- Admirals and other senior Navy leaders, who will meet with local corporate, civic, government and education leaders
- Navy Diver demonstrations in local aquariums
- Navy simulators and other interactive displays
- Community service projects and events with local sports franchises
Other areas that have been selected to host a 2011 Navy Week include: Tampa, Fla., Austin, Texas; Mississippi; Dallas-Fort Worth; Denver; New Orleans; Philadelphia; Chattanooga, Tenn.; Chicago; Rochester, N.Y.; Detroit; Los Angeles; Fargo, N.D.; Indianapolis; Cincinnati; Omaha, Neb.; New England; Albuquerque, N.M.; El Paso, Texas; and San Antonio.
For more information on the 2011 Quad Cities Navy Week, please contact Lt. Cmdr. Pam Bou at firstname.lastname@example.org. More detailed information on each Navy Week can be found at our website, www.navyweek.org. For high resolution photos from past Navy Week celebrations, visit http://www.flickr.com/photos/navyweek/sets/.
The 2011 Navy Week season will also help commemorate the Centennial of Naval Aviation, which kicks off in 2011 and continues as a year-long celebration with a variety of commemorative events planned across the country throughout the year. For more information on the Centennial of Naval Aviation latest information, visit http://www.public.navy.mil/airfor/centennial/Pages/welcome.aspx.
Rock island, IL Details
|(More Print Ads)|