The eighth and final "Harry Potter" film, "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows -- Part 2," opens today. Are you ready? Check your preparedness with this eight-question quiz:|
1. In his vile effort to achieve immortality, Voldemort created Horcruxes containing pieces of his soul. Which of these objects is not a Horcrux?
a. Tom Riddle's diary
b. Marvolo Gaunt's ring
c. Neville Longbottom's Rememberall
d. Salazar Slytherin's locket
2. In the films, Ralph Fiennes plays Voldemort. How do you pronounce the actor's name?
a. Ralf Feens
b. Rafe Fines
c. Rolf Fie-ness
d. Real Fiend
3. Voldemort may have created Horcruxes from objects tied to the founders of Hogwarts. Who was not one of the founders?
a. Rowena Ravenclaw
b. Godric Gryffindor
c. Newton Scamander
d. Helga Hufflepuff
4. Voldemort and his Death Eaters are only too happy to cast Unforgivable Curses. Which of these is not one of them?
a. Avada Kedavra
5. Which creatures drain peace, hope and happiness from the air around them?
d. Your in-laws
6. Legend has it that the three Deathly Hallows combined make their owner "the master of death." Which of these is not a Hallow?
b. Cloak of Invisibility
c. Elder Wand
d. Resurrection Stone
7. What village was once home to the Potters and may hold secrets to Dumbledore's past?
a. Little Hangleton
b. Ottery St. Catchpole
c. Prairie Village
d. Godric's Hollow
8. Who betrayed Harry's parents?
a. Peter Pettigrew
b. Stan Shunpike
c. Phineus Nigellus Black
d. Sirius Black
1. c. -- and more is revealed in the last movie.
2. b. "Rafe Fines" is how the Brits say it.
3. c. Newton Scamander wrote "Fantastical Beasts & Where to Find Them" (with the help of author J.K. Rowling).
4. d. Confundo simply causes confusion.
5. b. Dementors.
6. a. In his will, Dumbledore bequeathed his Deluminator to Ron Weasley.
7. d. It's also the birthplace of Hogwarts founder Godric Gryffindor.
8. a. Peter Pettigrew did it, but Sirius Black was blamed for it.