ALPHA - The village board Monday approved a 30-year franchise agreement with Ameren that gives the village $1,890 a year in credit on energy fees. |
The board also approved paying Tony's Plumbing and Heating up to $4,000 to install a generator, provided by the Tri-County Ambulance District, to ensure emergency contact during power outages.
In other business, the board:
- Learned that a water main repair on the west part of town cost $4,516.
- Learned 40 tons of road salt has been ordered through the Henry County Highway Department, and school crossing lines will be repainted by Peterson Parking Lot Striping.
- Heard from village Treasurer Steve Norberg, who reported a balance of $189,000 in the general fund, $93,000 in Motor Fuel Tax fund and $18,000 in the Water/Sewer fund.
- Learned the ACT (Alpha Community Team) is sponsoring a Mary Todd Lincoln presentation at 2 p.m. Oct. 14 at the elementary school. The free event is open to the public.
- Noted that trick-or-treat hours will be from 6 to 8 p.m. Oct. 31.
- Noted that petitions to run for a board seat next spring are available from Village Clerk Edna Mahalovich, who plans to run for a board seat.
Trustee Dan Doy and Mayor Marvin Watters are not seeking re-election. Completed petitions are due by Dec. 17.
East moline, IL Details
|(More Print Ads)|