Press release submitted by United Way|
unitedwayqc.org offers year-round volunteer opportunities, resources to connect with services in the Quad Cities (child care, shelter, food assistance, etc.) and information about programs in our community
DAVENPORT, IA – United Way launches a new, interactive website (www.unitedwayqc.org), which was designed as a resource for our community, specifically for people who are looking to give back, find help and even for partner programs to gain information and access to resources.
People can access a variety of information, including:
• Volunteer opportunities (http://unitedwayqc.org/volunteer)
• Detailed description of United Way's work in the community and where donor dollars are invested (http://unitedwayqc.org/our-work) and (http://unitedwayqc.org/aboutus)
• Ability for community members to get connected to necessary services, including Free Tax Preparation (http://unitedwayqc.org/resources/free-tax-preparation), resources for selecting child care (http://unitedwayqc.org/get-involved/wlc/womens-leadership-council-wlc-childcare-resources), the ability to sign up a child under five for free books (http://unitedwayqc.org/resources/imagination-library) and how to get help (http://unitedwayqc.org/our-work/2-1-1)
• A community forum for updates on social service issues and a chance for Quad Citians to ask questions (http://unitedwayqc.org/blog)
• List of partner programs by Education, Income and Health with their mission and contact information (http://unitedwayqc.org/ourpartners)
• Resources for non-profit programs, including the ability to post your volunteer opportunity to recruit volunteers (http://unitedwayqc.org/volunteer) and access to decision-making software (http://unitedwayqc.org/resources/resources-for-partner-programs)
We invite community members to visit our site at www.unitedwayqc.org and tell us their thoughts while they are there or to contact Nathan Williams at 563-344-0333 or email@example.com.
Moline, IL Details
|(More Print Ads)|