Rockridge High School is on the state's academic watch list for the third consecutive year after failing to meet the 85 percent standard in reading and math.|
The school board learned Monday the junior high achieved standards for No Child Left Behind, with 85 percent meetingadequate yearly progress (AYP) standards in reading and 88 percent in math.
High school students failed to meet the required 85 percent AYP, with 59 percent meeting it in reading and 63 percent in math.
"We've still made some significant gains and we're proud of that," high school principal Katy Hasson, said.
Only 11 of the 662 schools in Illinois met No Child Left Behind requirements for the 2012 school year, officials said.
In other news, the board:
- Approved Logan Wynn as winter boy's high school basketball coach, Danielle Osterhaus as winter high school girl's basketball coach and Tim Finch as junior high wrestling coach for the 2012-2013 school year pending satisfaction of the district.
- Learned Destiny Grawe was named Rockridge/Milan area Rotary Student of the Month and Amelia Thomas was Andalusia Elementary Citizen of the Month.
- Learned students Murphy Bolt, Marissa Elliott and Kaitlin Stice were selected to the American Choral Director's Association National Choir.
- Learned that Taylor Ridge/Reynolds Elementaries raised nearly $4,000 for the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation.
- Approved installation of a $8,000 septic system in the baseball field, which will be paid for by the Rockridge High School Booster Club.
East moline, IL Details
|(More Print Ads)|