According to the number of clickthroughs on QCOnline.com, these were the most popular sports stories for the past week:|
1. 'Tracey 'the man' in Alleman quarterfinal win:' Quarterback John Tracey leads the Pioneers to a 28-13 win over Coal City to put Alleman in the state semifinals.
2. 'Mercer County football built on brotherly love:' The state-semifinal Mercer County football team can have Snyders as more than a fourth of its lineup on the field with brothers Jesse, Logan and Zeke.
3. 'Mercer County semifinal set, Alleman time released today:' Alleman and Evergreen Park can't decide on a semifinal starting time, so the IHSA will make the final decision.
4. 'Mercer County takes high road, has casualties:' The Golden Eagles win their quarterfinal football game, but lose a player in the semis because of an ejection.
5. 'Big 6 questions for Big 6 boys' basketball:' Sports reporter Daniel Makarewicz takes a preseason look at the Western Big 6 Conference.
6. 'Armetta's heart remains with Alleman football:' Alleman's Sam Armetta has not played all the last two seasons because of a heart condition, but he continues to stay with the program.
7. 'Alleman semifinal football game scheduled for Saturday night:' The IHSA determines the Alleman-Evergreen Park game will be a Saturday night game.
8. 'Annawan, Orion both roll in Temple's Tip-Off openers:' The girls' basketball season gets under way in a tournament at Orion, with the Bravettes and Chargers victorious.
9. 'Motivation carries the Alleman football team:' The Pioneers remember a loss to Evergreen Park that knocked them out of the 2011 playoffs.
10. 'Golden Eagles' Rooth not so secret a weapon anymore:' Mercer County defensive back Austin Rooth is this week's Area Pacesetter for The Dispatch and The Rock Island Argus.
Moline, IL Details
|(More Print Ads)|