Regional Media expands in the Quad Cities


Share
Posted Online: Dec. 24, 2012, 10:04 am
Comment on this story | Print this story | Email this story
Press release submitted by Regional Media


Regional Media, owned by Virden Broadcasting Corporation, who operates five radio signals and numerous community websites, announced today that it will locate its new corporate offices to the Harborview office complex, 736 Federal Street, Davenport Iowa.

Rewind 93.9 WYEC will have it's studio location in the Harborview location as well.

The new Harborview studios will offer state of the art broadcast equipment studio with various guest interview areas, on site executive offices, and a modernized look and layout.

Construction is underway with a move in date of February 1, 2013. A grand opening party and welcome reception, and Quad City Chamber ribbon cutting is planned for February 15, 2013.

An announcement made in late November stated that Miller Media Group, lead by Randal J, Miller, headquartered in Taylorville Illinois is selling Virden Broadcasting Corporation to Fletcher M. Ford of Blue Grass Iowa, who has led Virden Broadcasting for the last six years.

In making this announcement, Fletcher M. Ford, says, "I am please to make such an announcement in the area. The City of Davenport has strong leadership and has proven successful in development. The Davenport area will help us further localize our station properties.

Mr. Ford, who prides himself on being involved locally, splits his time between the Kewanee and Quad City stations and plans to continue.

About Regional Media – Virden Broadcasting Corporation

As part of Regional Media with multiple stations across the area, Virden Broadcasting Corporation owns Rewind 93.9 WYEC and also operates 102.1, HOGG Country 102.5 WJRE, Newstalk 1450AM - 104.3FM WKEI, TriCounty Employment.com collaborated with QuadHelpWanted.com, QuadCityDailyNews.com, and RegionalDailyNews.com.

















 



Local events heading








  Today is Sunday, April 20, the 110th day of 2014. There are 255 days left in the year.

1864 -- 150 years ago: The attention of contractors is called to proposals for building a magazine. The building is to be erected on the south side of the island, above the railroad, nearly opposite Sinnit's ice houses.
1889 -- 125 years ago: Ladies patent leather tip shoes were selling for $3 at the M & K store, and men's spring overcoats were advertised at $7.50.
1914 -- 100 years ago: Fred Feuchter, of Davenport, was elected president of the Tri-City Post Office Clerks club, and Joe Goldsmith, of Rock Island, was named secretary treasurer.
1939 -- 75 years ago: Mass vaccination of more than 1,600 employed of the Rock Island Arsenal has been ordered by Col. Norman Ramsey after a 13-year-old daughter of the Arsenal manager became ill with smallpox.
1964 -- 50 years ago: The 1964 Scout-O-Rama of the Sac-Fox Council of Boy Scouts closed a two-day session last evening at the Rock Island Armory with 5,000 paid attendance.
1989 -- 25 years ago: "From the horse and buggy days ... to this" said Mercer County Sheriff Marvin Thirtyacre, waving his hand to indicate the sheriff's department facilities at the new $1.5 million Mercer County Jail in Aledo.




(More History)