PREP FOOTBALL SCORING UPDATES PRESENTED BY THE HUNGRY HOBO:

Rodney Keegan


Share
Posted Online: Dec. 27, 2012, 5:41 pm
Comment on this story | Print this story | Email this story
Rodney J. Keegan, 58, of Grand Mound, Iowa, died Wednesday afternoon, Dec. 26, 2012, at Genesis Medical Center, West Campus, Davenport.
The family will receive relatives and friends at Schultz Funeral Home, DeWitt, Iowa, from 4 until 7 p.m. today. A funeral service will be held at 10:30 a.m. Saturday, Dec. 29, in the funeral home. The Rev. Bill White will officiate. Military rites and burial will follow at Evergreen Cemetery, Grand Mound.
Pallbearers will be Todd Gralund, Jake Walter, Steve Burke, Roger Richardson, Dan Brown, Bill Batts and Keegan Hays.
Rodney Joseph Keegan was born Nov. 22, 1954, in Dubuque, Iowa, to Dorrance Joseph and Lillian Davis Keegan. Rod was a graduate of West Dubuque High School and attended technical college for welding. He served in the Army for several years. On June 2, 1979, Rod was united in marriage to Tami Rogers in Baraboo, Wis. He was employed by McLaughlin Body Company, Moline, as a welder for over 25 years.
He was a member of God's Family Baptist Church, Grand Mound. Rod was an avid outdoorsman who enjoyed hunting, fishing, gardening and woodworking.
Surviving are his loving wife of 33 years, Tami; children, Jessica Heileman and her husband, Jess, Wheatland, Iowa, Amber Hayes and her husband, Jamie, Toronto, Iowa, Mark Keegan and his fiancee, Bridget Barrette, DeWitt; grandchildren, Keegan Hayes, Paige Heileman, Bridget Hayes, Peyton Heileman and Peyton Huebner; siblings, Kay Burke, Ryan, Iowa, Robert (Ruth) Noble and Kathy (Bill) Gralund, Cedar Rapids, Iowa; nieces, nephews, other relatives and friends. Preceding him in death were his parents; and a brother, Bill Noble.
Condolences may be expressed and a photo tribute viewed at www.schultzfuneralhomes.com.












 




Local events heading








  Today is Saturday, Aug. 30, the 242nd day of 2014. There are 123 days left in the year.

1864 — 150 years ago: A large pair of elk, captured in Iowa, were exhibited in Market Square today.
1889 — 125 years ago: The Rock Island Arsenal dam was being constructed under the supervision of Charles Frances, of Lowell, Mass.
1914 — 100 years ago: Mrs. Frank Mixer, of Rock Island, was the winner of the final preliminary for the women's handicap golf cup at Rock Island arsenal links.
1939 — 75 years ago: Sixteen hundred persons — many from war-fearful Europe — arrived in New York aboard the German liner Bremen. For two days on the trip, passengers were cut off from the world with both incoming and outgoing radio messages banned.
1964 — 50 years ago: Police reported five youths have been involved in the theft of about seven cars in recent weeks. Three of the youths were arrested Saturday afternoon, one was in custody as the result of a previous arrest, and the fifth is expected to be arrested today.
1989 — 25 years ago: The Rock Island/Milan School Board is asking the city to tear down Franklin School and allow the school district to pay back the estimated $100,00 cost during 10 years.






(More History)