Bernice Watt


Share
Posted Online: Jan. 03, 2013, 6:57 pm
Comment on this story | Print this story | Email this story
Bernice R. "Bea" Watt, 101, of Fort Myers, Fla., passed away Dec. 31, 2012.
A celebration of her life will be held at a later date. Memorial contributions may be made to Shriners Children's Hospital or Hope Hospice, 9470 HealthPark Circle, Fort Myers, FL 33908.
Bea loved playing card games, bingo at Fort Myers Beach Shrine, golfing, bowling and house boating on the Mississippi River.
She was born in Moline to Edward Clinton Root and Addie Pearl Ludwick Root.
Bea is survived by her daughter, Judy McHenry, Fort Myers; two grandchildren, Michelle (John) Moses and Todd (Katherine) McHenry; two great-grandchildren, Tai and Linh McHenry; and her beloved poodle, Sweetie Pie. In 1995, her husband of 62 years, Thomas G. Watt, preceded her in death.












 



Local events heading








  Today is Friday, Aug. 1, the 213th day of 2014. There are 152 days left in the year.

1864 — 150 years ago: A mad dog was shot in Davenport after biting several other canines and snapping at several children. The police should abate this nuisance — there are about 500 dogs in this city that ought to be killed at once.
1889 — 125 years ago: Track laying operations on 2nd Avenue, stopped by the Moline-Rock Island company last spring for lack of rail, have been resumed.
1914 — 100 years ago: Bulletins allowed to come through the strong continental censorship of all war news indicated that Germany was advancing with a dash against both Russia and France.
1939 — 75 years ago: Emil J Klein, of Rock Island, was elected commander of Rock Island Post 200, American Legion.
1964 — 50 years ago: Members of the Davenport police department and their families are being invited to the department's family picnic to be held Aug. 27 at the Mississippi Valley Fairgrounds.
1989 — 25 years ago: Beginning this fall, Black Hawk College will offer a continuing education course in horseback riding at the Wright Way Equestrian Center, Moline, located just east of the Deere Administration Center.




(More History)