Muriel Isaacson


Share
Posted Online: Jan. 07, 2013, 5:34 pm
Comment on this story | Print this story | Email this story
Muriel K. Isaacson, 91, formerly of Moline, died Friday, Jan. 4, 2013, at Silver Cross Nursing Center at Friendship Manor, Rock Island.
Services are 10:30 a.m. Saturday at Riverside United Methodist Church, Moline. Private burial is at Riverside Cemetery, Moline. The family will greet friends at a gathering following the service. In lieu of flowers, memorials may be made to the church. Trimble Funeral and Cremation Center, Moline, is entrusted with arrangements.
The former Muriel Kathryn Anderson was born Sept. 22, 1921, in Elgin, Ill., the daughter of Leslie H. and Anna Werrbach Anderson. She married Harvey L. Isaacson on June 25, 1944, in Moline. He died June 7, 1998. She was a kindergarten teacher at Colona Grade School for 12 years, retiring in 1984, and previously taught in Moline Public Schools for three years.
Muriel was a longtime member of Riverside United Methodist Church, where she served as president of United Methodist Women. She was a life-member of the Illinois branch of King's Daughters and Sons, where she served as Moline City Union President and on the Thrift Shop Board, Western Illinois University Alumni, Augustana College Alumni, Blackhawk Retired Teachers Association, American Association of University Women, and a member of the Mary Little Deere Chapter of Daughters of the American Revolution, Moline Literary Guild and Margaret Bottome Circle of King's Daughters. She enjoyed flower arranging.
Muriel is survived by two children, Sharon Isaacson, Bettendorf, and Todd Isaacson and his wife, Debra, Waterloo, Iowa; three grandsons and their wives, Kent Isaacson, Waterloo, Brad and Bryce Johnson, Bettendorf, and Scott and Deniz Johnson, Boston, Mass.; four great-grandchildren, Benal Johnson, and Brady, Elise and Dana Johnson; and her brother, Leslie Anderson, Moline. She was preceded in death by her husband; and three children, Lynn Marie, Norman Kent and Lauren Ann Isaacson.
Remembrances and condolences may be shared with the family at www.TrimbleFuneralHomes.com.












 



Local events heading








  Today is Wednesday, April 23, the 113th day of 2014. There are 252 days left in the year.

1864 — 150 years ago: Some persons are negotiating for 80 feet of ground on Illinois Street with a view of erecting four stores thereon. It would serve a better purpose if the money was invested in neat tenement houses.
1889 — 125 years ago: The Central station, car house and stables of the Moline-Rock Island Horse Railway line of the Holmes syndicate, together with 15 cars and 42 head of horses, were destroyed by fire. The loss was at $15,000.
1914 — 100 years ago: Vera Cruz, Mexico, after a day and night of resistance to American forces, gradually ceased opposition. The American forces took complete control of the city.
1939 — 75 years ago: Dr. R. Bruce Collins was reelected for a second term as president of the Lower Rock Island County Tuberculosis Association.
1964 — 50 years ago: Work is scheduled to begin this summer on construction of a new men's residence complex and an addition to the dining facilities at Westerlin Hall at Augustana College.
1989 — 25 years ago: Special Olympics competitors were triple winners at Rock Island High School Saturday. The participants vanquished the rain that fell during the competition, and some won their events; but most important, they triumphed over their own disabilities.




(More History)