According to the number of clickthroughs on QCOnline.com, these were the most popular sports stories for the past week:|
1. 'Woods to be named new Moline football coach, pending board approval': Matt Woods, a Moline assistant football coach and former Alleman standout, will be recommended as the Maroons new football coach.
2. 'Rocks triple their fun in rout of Moline': Trae and Trey, Babers and Sigel, combined for eight 3-pointers in a 30-point win for the Rocks over the Maroons.
3. 'Dispatch/Argus restling photo makes some 'Headlines'': A photo of a Moline wrestler that looked as if he had three arms makes it on the Jay Leno Show.
4. 'Wrestling is music to Jackson's ears': Rock Island's Marcus Jackson not only is a top-notch wrestler but he's also a top-notch singer in the Rocky choir.
5. 'Prep wrestling leaderboard': Wrestling beat writer Daniel Makarewicz's feature is always a hit.
6. 'Rock Island sweeps first Q-C hoops polls of season': Rock Island's boys' and girls' teams are ranked No. 1 in the first 2013 media poll compiled by the Dispatch/Argus.
7. 'Geneseo Invitational strength is better than ever': Geneseo coach John Murray discusses the annual mat biggie.
8. 'Orion grad Williams set to have knee surgeries': The basketball season is over at Loyola for former Charger standout Tanner Williams.
9. 'Flock fails to make move': With a 3-2 loss to Arizona, the Quad City Mallards miss their chance to leapfrog Arizona in the CHL standings.
10. 'Rockridge regains touch, rolls past Alleman': The Rockets rout the Pioneers in a nonconference game in Edgington.
Viola, IL Details
|(More Print Ads)|