According to the number of clickthroughs on QCOnline.com, these were the most popular sports stories for the past week:|
1. 'RI native wins first round at Australian Open': Madison Keys defeats Australia's Casey Dellacqua 6-4, 7-6 (7-0) to open her play at the tennis major.
2. 'Alleman caps emotional day with first Big 6 win': Anne Bohnert hits a 3-pointer at the buzzer for the Pioneers in a win over Moline, hours after the funeral ceremony of Alleman student Jordan Schmidt in the same gym.
3. 'Plenty of storylines at the Bob Mitton-Orion Invitational': Wrestling beat writer Daniel Makarewicz looks at the last big wrestling invite before regionals.
4. 'Sherrard's Corlett climbing the ladder': Ben Corlett has made wrestling his passion, ranked statewide in Class 1A.
5. 'Moline's Jones captures second straight Geneseo title, Most Outstanding Wrestling honors': The mat spotlight shines brightest on Moline's Adarios Jones.
6. 'Woods officially named Moline football coach': The Moline school board makes it official – Matt Woods will replace Crick Sant Amour.
7. 'Rocks battle to win over Proviso West': Rock Island gets the win, 70-58, at the Naperville Shootout.
8. 'Moline snaps Big 6 losing streak at UT': Moline gets into the boys' basketball WB6 victory column with a 43-46 win over the Panthers.
9. 'Assumption's Daniel eats Pioneers alive': Billy Daniel of the Knights, with 22 points, is too much to handle for Alleman in boys' basketball.
10. 'Rocks fall at Quincy, drop two back in WB6 race': Rock Island falls to Quincy in OT, with the Rocks now 3-2 midway through the conference schedule.
Davenport, IA Details
|(More Print Ads)|