PREP FOOTBALL SCORING UPDATES PRESENTED BY THE HUNGRY HOBO:

Vivian Schaver


Share
Posted Online: Jan. 23, 2013, 5:35 pm
Comment on this story | Print this story | Email this story
Vivian Marie Schaver, 85, of Geneseo, formerly of Erie, died on Tuesday, Jan. 22, 2013, at Hammond-Henry Long Term Care, Geneseo.
Services will be at 10:30 a.m. Monday, Jan. 28, at the Erie United Methodist Church. Burial will follow at Kingsbury Cemetery, Erie. Visitation will be from 2 to 5 p.m. Sunday at Gibson-Bode Funeral Home, Erie. Memorials may be made to the Erie United Methodist Church or Hammond-Henry Long Term Care, Geneseo.
Vivian was born on Jan. 11, 1928, in Newton Township, Ill., the daughter of Milo C. and Amy E. Robinson Miller. She graduated from Erie High School and the Northern Illinois Teachers College, DeKalb. On April 4, 1974, she married Millard Schaver in Prophetstown.
Vivian taught in Morrison and then Erie, retiring in 1989. She was a member of the Erie United Methodist Church and the Retired Teachers Association. Vivian loved the farm life, raising a variety of animals on her farm. She enjoyed her Saturday routine of delivering eggs to her customers and the fellowship she shared with them. Her nieces and nephews were a special part of her life.
Survivors include her brother, James Miller, Erie; sister, Jane Laingen, Geneseo; stepdaughter, Connie (Jon) Graham, Geneseo; stepgrandchildren, Marcy (Ray) Graham, Camilla Kay (David) Skinner; seven nieces and nephews, Doug Miller, Kim Miller, Darcy Heist, Mark Laingen, Greg Laingen, Mike Laingen and Scott Miller; 14 great-nieces and -nephews; and a great-great-niece. She was preceded in death by her husband, Millard in 2001; brother, William Clyde Miller; and an infant sister, Ruth.
Share a memory or condolence at www.gibsonbodefh.com.












 




Local events heading








  Today is Saturday, Aug. 30, the 242nd day of 2014. There are 123 days left in the year.

1864 — 150 years ago: A large pair of elk, captured in Iowa, were exhibited in Market Square today.
1889 — 125 years ago: The Rock Island Arsenal dam was being constructed under the supervision of Charles Frances, of Lowell, Mass.
1914 — 100 years ago: Mrs. Frank Mixer, of Rock Island, was the winner of the final preliminary for the women's handicap golf cup at Rock Island arsenal links.
1939 — 75 years ago: Sixteen hundred persons — many from war-fearful Europe — arrived in New York aboard the German liner Bremen. For two days on the trip, passengers were cut off from the world with both incoming and outgoing radio messages banned.
1964 — 50 years ago: Police reported five youths have been involved in the theft of about seven cars in recent weeks. Three of the youths were arrested Saturday afternoon, one was in custody as the result of a previous arrest, and the fifth is expected to be arrested today.
1989 — 25 years ago: The Rock Island/Milan School Board is asking the city to tear down Franklin School and allow the school district to pay back the estimated $100,00 cost during 10 years.






(More History)