Press release submitted by Kaitlin Stevens |
Junior Achievement Bowl-A-Thon rolls into the Quad Cities
Saturday, February 23
Want to make a difference for the youth in your community? By putting on your bowling shoes and participating in the Junior Achievement Bowl-A-Thon you can do just that. Junior Achievement empowers youth to own their economic success by helping them become productive employees and responsible citizens. By partnering with area educators and the business community, JA helps prepare students for the 21st century workplace with programs that focus on financial literacy, work readiness and entrepreneurship. JA programs are impacting more than 55,000 kindergarten through high school students each year.
Community participation in this event is an essential part of the success of JA's mission in the Quad Cities area. Proceeds will be used to cover the cost of programs in area schools. So even if you do not bowl a strike, you will still be making a striking difference for students' education.
The event will be held on Saturday, February 23 at several different locations in the Quad Cities:
· Miller Time from 9:00 am – noon, 1:00 – 4:00 pm, 5:00 – 8:00 pm and 9:00 pm –midnight
· Milan Lanes from 1:00 – 4:00 pm and 5:00 – 8:00 pm
· Highland Park from 12:30 – 3:30 pm and 5:00 – 8:00 pm
· Bowlmor from 3:00 – 6:00 pm
Participation is easy:
· Recruit a group of 5 friends, co-workers or family members to form your bowling team
· Set a fundraising goal of $300 or more per team
· Reserve your lane by turning in your team's registration forms and entry fee of $50 per team
· Enjoy a fun-filled day of bowling
If you can't bowl but still want to help, there is the opportunity to be a lane sponsor for $100.
We want to give a special thanks to our sponsors DHCU Community Credit Union, Iowa and Illinois Select Chevy Dealers, B100, Great River Health Systems, HNI Corporation, KWQC-TV 6, Silver Oaks and Star 93.5.
For more information or to receive your team packet contact Leslie Corlett at (309) 277-3919 or email her at email@example.com.
Rock island, IL Details
|(More Print Ads)|