-– These local media rankings are determined on a descending points system, with a first-place vote receiving 10 points, a second-place vote receiving 9 points, and so on. Presented by The Dispatch and The Rock Island Argus, WQAD-TV 8, MC22, WFXN-AM 1230's Quad Cities Radio Group, Aledo's WRMJ-FM 102.3, Kewanee-based Regional Media and the Clinton Herald.
16. Galesburg (15-13): Lost at No. 2 Rock Island, 58-57 Friday.
17. Riverdale (14-13): Lost to No. 7 Kewanee, 68-62 Thursday; Lost at No. 10 Sterling Newman, 80-60 Saturday; Beat Fulton, 75-51 Tuesday.
ALSO ON THE RADAR:
NR. Preston (17-3): Idle; next game Feb. 14 vs. TBD in Iowa 1A's District 9 playoffs.
NR. Erie (16-13): Lost at Bureau Valley, 57-53 (OT) Saturday; Won at Prophetstown, 61-54 Tuesday.
NR. Bureau Valley (19-11): Beat Erie, 57-53 (OT) Saturday; Lost at No. 1 Kewanee, 49-44 Tuesday.
Rank. Team (Rec.): How they fared
1. Rock Island (25-4): Won at Quincy, 70-39 Thursday; Lost to No. 8 United Township, 67-52 Tuesday in the Illinois 4A Peoria Richwoods Regional.
2. Assumption (20-2): Won at No. 15 Pleasant Valley, 51-41 Friday; Beat Camanche, 61-28 Saturday in the Iowa 3A Region 5 tournament.
3. Annawan (27-2): Beat No. 9 Wethersfield, 75-59 Thursday in the Illinois 1A Annawan Regional championship game; Beat state-ranked Newark, 46-21 Monday in the Illinois 1A Sectional.
4. Riverdale (25-3): Beat Sterling Newman, 50-42 Friday in the Illinois 2A Sterling Newman Regional championship game; Lost to state-ranked Byron, 69-36 Monday in the Illinois 2A Somonauk Sectional.
5. Muscatine (18-3): Beat Clinton, 76-33 Friday.
6. Sherrard (27-3): Beat No. 12 Orion, 63-28 Thurday in the Illinois 2A Rockridge Regional championship game; Beat Knoxville, 44-25 in the Illinois 2A Orion Sectional.
7. Prophetstown (27-4): Beat Erie, 36-31 Friday in the Illinois 1A Polo Regional championship game; Lost to top-ranked (and defending state champ) Freeport Aquin, 49-44 Monday in the Illinois 1A River Ridge Sectional.
8. United Township (19-12): Lost at Moline, 39-36 Thursday; Beat No. 1 Rock Island, 67-52 Tuesday in the Illinois 4A Peoria Richwoods Regional.
9. Wethersfield (23-8): Lost to No. 3 Annawan, 75-59 Thursday in the Illinois 1A Annawan Regional championship game.
10. Mediapolis (21-1): Beat West Liberty, 74-23 Saturday; Wednesday hosts TBD in the Iowa 3A Region 6 tournament.
ALSO RECEIVING VOTES:
11. Galesburg (18-13): Won at Alleman, 62-58 Thursday; Lost to Geneseo, 55-49 Tuesday in the Illinois 3A Dunlap Regional.
12. Orion (19-10): Lost to No. 6 Sherrard, 63-28 Thursday in the Illinois 2A Rockridge Regional championship game.
13. Stark County (20-9): SEASON OVER.
14. Burlington Notre Dame (19-3): Beat Danville, 75-35 Tuesday in Iowa 1A's Region 4 tournament.
15. Pleasant Valley (12-9): Lost to No. 2 Assumption, 51-41 Friday.
ALSO ON THE RADAR:
NR. Bellevue (18-4): Beat Clayton Ridge, 56-41 Tuesday in Iowa 2A's Region 4 tournament.
NR. Preston (16-6): Beat Clinton Prince of Peace, 59-46 Tuesday in Iowa 1A's Region 4 tournament.
NR. Erie (20-10): Lost to No. 7 Prophetstown, 36-31 Friday in the Illinois 1A Polo Regional championship game.
NR. Sterling (19-12): Beat LaSalle-Peru, 41-30 Thursday; Beat Rock Falls, 50-43 (OT) Tuesday in the Illinois 3A Sterling Regional.
NR. Sterling Newman (15-12): Lost to No. 4 Riverdale, 50-42 Friday in the 1A Sterling Newman Regional championship game.
NR. North Scott (13-8): Won at Burlington, 44-34 Friday.
Today is Wednesday, April 16, the 106th day of 2014. There are 259 days left in the year. 1864 -- 150 years ago: Yesterday some bold thief stole a full bolt of calico from a box in front of Wadsworth's store, where it was on exhibition. 1889 -- 125 years ago: A team belonging to Peter Priese got away from its driver and made a mad run across the Rock Island Bridge. The driver was thrown from his seat but not hurt. 1914 -- 100 years ago: Carlton Taylor was appointed district deputy grand master for the 14th Masonic District of Illinois. 1939 -- 75 years ago: Moline's million dollar municipal airport was dedicated to air transportation and the national defense by Lt. Gov. John Stelle. 1964 -- 50 years ago: THE ARGUS will be election headquarters for Rock Island County tomorrow night, and the public is invited to watch the operation. The closing of the polls at 6 p.m. will mark the start of open house in the newsroom. Visitors will see staff members receiving, tabulating and posting returns. 1989 -- 25 years ago: Few bricks actually tumbled, but no one seemed to mind as about 1,000 people gathered to celebrate the formal start of demolition at the site of a downtown civic center.