WOODHULL -- The school board discussed, but made no decision on, the need for better lighting in the west parking lot area in Woodhull.|
Board members Dave Althaus and Lindsey Brown said they have heard comments about the lack of lighting.
Superintendent Shannon Bumann said the need for lighting in that area has been discussed in the past. "We have matching grant funds to meet the cost, and I'll have the architect look at it."
He said adding lights to the building wouldn't be helpful because of the height of the building.
In other business:
- The board approved the summer school schedule, from June 17-28, for students in grades 1-5. The cost to the district is $1,250, and enrollment generally is filled.
- The board approved several updates and changes in policy and procedures after a 30-day allowance to read and consider the information.
- Mr. Bumann said 39 people donated in the Red Cross blood drive at the elementary school.
- Middle-High School principal Andy Mitchell congratulated the high school Worldwide Youth Science and Engineering team for its second-place finish at the Western Illinois University competition and senior Matt Welch for his first-place finish individually.
- It was announced spring break will be March 29 through April 8, AW Bridges Dad/Daughter Dance will be March 9 and the annual Theme Night will be May 7 at the elementary school.
East moline, IL Details
|(More Print Ads)|