Today is Sunday, March 17, the 76th day of 2013. There are 289 days left in the year.|
1863 — 150 years ago: The examination of the pupils in the 4th Ward school takesplace tomorrow. The teachers are Miss Sammis, Miss Pease and Miss Chamberlin. Wepresume there will be a good attendance of visitors.
1888 — 125 years ago: The NuWay Corporation at 2416 4th Ave., Rock Island, hasannounced an extensive expansion program which will increase employment there by300 percent.
1913 — 100 years ago: Dr. A.N. Mueller has left Rock Island for the southland. He willvisit China and Jamaica before returning.
1938 — 75 years ago: Three Augustana seniors were admitted to membership in the RunicHonor Society at chapel services. They are Edith Arshack, of Rock Island, and DonaldFryxell and Frank Byers, both of Moline.
1963 — 50 years ago: The opening of the 50-unit low rent housing development in Milan totenants will take place Monday, March 25, Russell M. Bergstedt, executive director ofthe Rock Island County Housing Authority, announced today.
1988 — 25 years ago: Mike Satre, 2826 9 ½ St., East Moline, son of Steve and PatsySatre, was awarded the Eagle Scout Badge on Aug. 16, 1987. A member of Troop 300,Mr. Satre is currently a freshman at Northern Illinois University, DeKalb. For his Eagleproject, Mike led some members of Troop 300 in repainting some physical educationgame areas at United Township High School, East Moline. Mike has been in scouting for10 years and plans to continue someday as a leader.
Erie, IL Details
|(More Print Ads)|