Marian Boultinghouse John


Share
Posted Online: March 29, 2013, 7:10 pm
Comment on this story | Print this story | Email this story
Marian Boultinghouse John went to be with the Lord on March 29, 2013, at Illini Restorative Care in Silvis.
Funeral services will be 11 a.m. Wednesday at Homewood Evangelical Free Church in Moline. Visitation will be from 9 a.m. to service time. Burial will be at Greenview Memorial Gardens, East Moline, at a later date. Memorials may be made to Moody Bible Institute or WDLM.
She was born Jan. 17, 1924, in Ottumwa, Iowa, the daughter of Ernest and Anna Sanger Weimer. She married her high school sweetheart, Robert E. Boultinghouse, Nov. 28, 1944, in Rock Island. She worked by his side as owners of Bo-Mar Printing Co. in East Moline, 1957-1985. Later, she owned Louise's Wedding Shop, Moline. Robert died Nov. 29, 1996. Marian married Richard John on Oct. 9, 2008.
Marian loved the Lord and was an active member of Homewood Evangelical Free Church for 38 years. One of her greatest joys was taking supper to the sick and the shut-in. She loved spending winters in Florida and traveling.
She loved her children, grandchildren, great-grandchildren and her extended stepfamily and always was available to them to offer encouragement, support and unconditional love. Marian will be remembered for always telling her children how much she loved them and allowing them to go to new places if they could take Jesus with them. Marian always wore a warm, welcoming smile for all who came in her path.
Marian is survived by her husband, Richard; three children (and spouses), Sharon (Charlie) Hilligoss, Ron (Carol) Boultinghouse, and Dan (Beverly) Boultinghouse, all of Silvis; three stepsons, Larry and Patty John, San Diego, Calif., Tim and Sally John, San Diego, and Rick John, Moline; five grandchildren; nine stepgrandchildren; nine great-grandchildren; nine stepgreat-grandchildren; sister, Pat Meze, Colorado; and brother, Gene Weimer, Ohio. Marian also is survived by many nieces, nephews and precious cousins, whom she loved more than words could say.
She was preceded in death by her first husband, Robert; brother, Dean Weimer; stepgrandson, Kyle John; and her parents.












 



Local events heading








  Today is Sunday, April 20, the 110th day of 2014. There are 255 days left in the year.

1864 -- 150 years ago: The attention of contractors is called to proposals for building a magazine. The building is to be erected on the south side of the island, above the railroad, nearly opposite Sinnit's ice houses.
1889 -- 125 years ago: Ladies patent leather tip shoes were selling for $3 at the M & K store, and men's spring overcoats were advertised at $7.50.
1914 -- 100 years ago: Fred Feuchter, of Davenport, was elected president of the Tri-City Post Office Clerks club, and Joe Goldsmith, of Rock Island, was named secretary treasurer.
1939 -- 75 years ago: Mass vaccination of more than 1,600 employed of the Rock Island Arsenal has been ordered by Col. Norman Ramsey after a 13-year-old daughter of the Arsenal manager became ill with smallpox.
1964 -- 50 years ago: The 1964 Scout-O-Rama of the Sac-Fox Council of Boy Scouts closed a two-day session last evening at the Rock Island Armory with 5,000 paid attendance.
1989 -- 25 years ago: "From the horse and buggy days ... to this" said Mercer County Sheriff Marvin Thirtyacre, waving his hand to indicate the sheriff's department facilities at the new $1.5 million Mercer County Jail in Aledo.




(More History)