Deaths, April 24, 2013


Share
Posted Online: April 23, 2013, 4:35 pm
Comment on this story | Print this story | Email this story
Borota, Philip A., 67, Toulon; Schueneman-Tumbleson, Kewanee.
Boyd, Everett F., 81, Colona; Esterdahl, Moline.
Brondyke, Robert D. "Bob," 90, Port Byron; Gibson-Bode, Port Byron.
Brown-Brockmann, Sharon E., 53, Rock Island; Wheelan-Pressly, Rock Island.
Deahl, Robert L., 89, of Moline; Esterdahl, Moline.
Greth, Lawrence D., 73, Newton Township; Gibson-Bode, Erie.
Hill Heuermann, Jean, 59, Ava, Mo.
Johnson, Louis Charles, 54, Davenport; Weerts, Davenport.
Marckese, Thomas Sr., 91, East Moline; Wheelan-Pressly, Rock Island.
Schroeder, Lois J., 92, Davenport; Weerts, Davenport.
Shanks, Fletcher W., 98, Davenport; Halligan-McCabe-DeVries, Davenport.
Specht, Maxine M., 85, formerly Tampico; Garland, Tampico.

















 



Local events heading








  Today is Friday, Aug. 1, the 213th day of 2014. There are 152 days left in the year.

1864 — 150 years ago: A mad dog was shot in Davenport after biting several other canines and snapping at several children. The police should abate this nuisance — there are about 500 dogs in this city that ought to be killed at once.
1889 — 125 years ago: Track laying operations on 2nd Avenue, stopped by the Moline-Rock Island company last spring for lack of rail, have been resumed.
1914 — 100 years ago: Bulletins allowed to come through the strong continental censorship of all war news indicated that Germany was advancing with a dash against both Russia and France.
1939 — 75 years ago: Emil J Klein, of Rock Island, was elected commander of Rock Island Post 200, American Legion.
1964 — 50 years ago: Members of the Davenport police department and their families are being invited to the department's family picnic to be held Aug. 27 at the Mississippi Valley Fairgrounds.
1989 — 25 years ago: Beginning this fall, Black Hawk College will offer a continuing education course in horseback riding at the Wright Way Equestrian Center, Moline, located just east of the Deere Administration Center.




(More History)