Kellie Afman


Share
Posted Online: May 02, 2013, 8:53 pm
Comment on this story | Print this story | Email this story
Kellie Lynn Afman, 63, of Moline, died on Wednesday morning, May 1, 2013, at University of Iowa Hospitals, Iowa City, surrounded by the loving presence of her son and husband. Kellie's passing was preceded by a 17-year-long renewed life thanks to organ transplantation.
Funeral services will be held at 11 a.m. Monday, May 6, at First United Presbyterian Church, 801 16th St., Moline. The family will greet visitors from 3 to 6 p.m. Sunday, May 5, at Esterdahl Mortuary & Crematory, Moline. Burial will follow at Grove Hill Cemetery, Morrison. For memorial contributions, Kellie's family suggests consideration of organ donation to give the gift of saving many lives or a monetary contribution in her name to The University of Iowa Hospital Organ Transplant Center.
Kellie was born on Sept. 4, 1949, in Morrison, to Kent and Margaret "Peggy" Kelly Foreman. She married Donald E. Afman in 1985, with one son, Christopher A. Afman, age 24.
Kellie graduated from Morrison High School and attended Western Illinois University. She was most recently a stay-at-home mom while volunteering in school PTA and as a library aid. She previously worked at Quad City Safety and Sterling schools. Kellie was a member and service volunteer of First United Presbyterian Church, Moline. She was an avid reader.
Her generous, gentle and loving nature enriched the lives and hearts of both family and many friends.
Surviving are her parents, Morrison; husband, Moline; son, Rock Island, (Elaina Anderson); sister, Angie Pickens (Keith), Chandler, Ariz.; brother, Mitch Foreman (Debbie), Coletta, Ill.; and sister-in-law, Barbara Wilson, Oblong, Ill.; and many nephews and great-nephews and -nieces.
Online condolences may be left for her family by visiting esterdahl.com.












 




Local events heading








  Today is Saturday, Aug. 30, the 242nd day of 2014. There are 123 days left in the year.

1864 — 150 years ago: A large pair of elk, captured in Iowa, were exhibited in Market Square today.
1889 — 125 years ago: The Rock Island Arsenal dam was being constructed under the supervision of Charles Frances, of Lowell, Mass.
1914 — 100 years ago: Mrs. Frank Mixer, of Rock Island, was the winner of the final preliminary for the women's handicap golf cup at Rock Island arsenal links.
1939 — 75 years ago: Sixteen hundred persons — many from war-fearful Europe — arrived in New York aboard the German liner Bremen. For two days on the trip, passengers were cut off from the world with both incoming and outgoing radio messages banned.
1964 — 50 years ago: Police reported five youths have been involved in the theft of about seven cars in recent weeks. Three of the youths were arrested Saturday afternoon, one was in custody as the result of a previous arrest, and the fifth is expected to be arrested today.
1989 — 25 years ago: The Rock Island/Milan School Board is asking the city to tear down Franklin School and allow the school district to pay back the estimated $100,00 cost during 10 years.






(More History)