Press release submitted by Genesis Health System|
DAVENPORT, Iowa -- May 14, 2013 – Genesis Health System is again sponsoring the premier events of summer life in the Quad Cities.
"Genesis Health System sponsors a wide range of community events that contribute to our diverse quality of life, but also promote wellness,'' explained Ken Croken, vice president of corporate communications and business development, Genesis Health System. "These events allow Genesis to reach out to the communities we serve, but also make the region more attractive to skilled health professionals."
Here is information about other Quad Cities events Genesis is sponsoring this summer:
• Komen Quad Cities Race for the Cure. When: 8 a.m., Saturday, June 8. Where: i wireless Center, Moline. Event information: Register for the 5K or 1.2 mile walk/run. Or, you don't have to run a step to support the cause. Sleep-In for the Cure, or register for the race and just cheer on everyone else. Genesis is the Founding Sponsor of the event. Information/registration: www.komenquadcities.org.
• Red, White and Boom! When: 6 p.m., Wednesday, July 3. Where: Davenport and Rock Island riverfront; Event information: Celebrate America's Birthday with the best fireworks display in the Midwest shot over the Mighty Mississippi. There are also live performances, fun activities, food, drinks, and more. For more: http://sites.google.com/site/redwhiteboom/
• Genesis Firecracker Run. When: 7:30 a.m., Thursday, July 4. Where: East Moline. Event information: It's the 30th birthday of the event on America's birthday. Running events include 5K/10K; 10K 2-person relay; Kiddie run; The National Bank Mile; Hospital Bed Races. For more: www.firecrackerrun.com.
• Camp Genesis. When: July 7-12. Where: YMCA Camp Abe Lincoln, Blue Grass, Iowa; Camp information: A free camp experience for children who are dealing with cancer in their families. A traditional camp experience of swimming, horseback riding, a climbing tower but also cancer education and emotional support from Gilda's Club Quad Cities. For more: Call Gilda's Club at (563) 326-7504 for information or download a camp application at www.gildasclubqc.org (click on the Camp Genesis link.)
• Carb It Up. When: 5-8 p.m., Friday, July 26. Where: RiverCenter, Davenport. Information: A pasta dinner with choice of sauces, salad, bread sticks and beverage is $10 for adults. Kids buffet (12 and under) with mac and cheese, bread sticks and sundae bar is $5. Get well nourished before you walk or run in the Quad-City Times Bix 7. For more: No reservations necessary.
• Quad-City Times Bix 7. When: 8 a.m., Saturday, July 27. Where: Downtown Davenport. Information: A world-class 7-mile road race. There is also a 3-mile Quick Bix and Jr. Bix events on July 27. Genesis is a Platinum Sponsor, the volunteer sponsor and Genesis professionals staff the medical tent. For more: www.bix7.com.
Moline, IL Details
|(More Print Ads)|