Moline kitchen fire caused by overheating cooking oil


Share
Posted Online: Feb. 18, 2014, 6:58 pm
Comment on this story | Print this story | Email this story
MOLINE -- Overheated cooking oil caused a fire in Moline early Tuesday.

According to Moline Fire Department Capt. Mick Dochterman, two residents were inside the home at 1002 40th St., when the fire started in the kitchen.

Fire crews arrived to find flames showing and had the fire out within five minutes.

One resident was transported by ambulance to an area hospital with non-life threatening injuries, Capt. Dochterman said.

The fire damage was moderate and smoke and water damage was heavy, he said. The utilities were disconnected and the home is uninhabitable. The American Red Cross is assisting the residents.





















 



Local events heading








  Today is Tuesday, July 29, the 210th day of 2014. There are 155 days left in the year.

1864 -- 150 years ago: Col. H.F. Sickless informs us that there will be new organization of troops in this state under the call for more men.
1889 -- 125 years ago: James Normoyle arrived home after graduating from West Point with honors in the class of 1889. He was to report to Fort Brady, Mich., as second lieutenant in the 23rd Infantry.
1914 -- 100 years ago: Austria Hungary declared war on Serbia. Germany and Austria refused an invitation of Sir Edward Grey to join Great Britain at a mediation conference.
1939 -- 75 years ago: Dr. William Mayo, the last of the three famous Mayo brother surgeons, died at the age of 78.
1964 -- 50 years ago: One of the biggest horse shows of the season was held yesterday at Hillandale Arena on Knoxville Road under the sponsorship of the Illowa Horsemen's Club.
1989 -- 25 years ago: Davenport is like a gigantic carnival this weekend with the Bix Arts Fest taking over 12 square blocks of the downtown area. A festive atmosphere prevailed Friday as thousands of people turned out to sample what the Arts Fest has to offer.








(More History)