Press release submitted by Quad Cities Chamber of Commerce|
(Quad Cities) – People with ideas to start their own business now have new resources available with the official launch of Ignite Quad Cities. The program is led by experienced entrepreneurs and business executives who are committed to helping others succeed in their start-up plans.
Ignite Quad Cities takes users through a step-by-step process that guides them through market identification, feasibility, value proposition, creating a business plan and budget, testing the market, and launching the business. It also connects entrepreneurs to mentors and business coaches,provides 24/7 online access to resources, and offers a community of other individuals who are working toward launching or growing a business.All of these resources are now available at igniteQuadCities.com.
Ignite Quad Cities will hold a launch party on Wednesday, March 5 at 5:00 p.m. at the Front Street Tap Room, 421 N. River Dr., Davenport. Entrepreneurs and individuals with a business idea are invited to attend this free event to learn more about Ignite.
"It's important that we create a culture in our community where people have the support system in place to take the necessary risks to start new companies, innovate, and grow profits in our region,"says Anne Spoden, Innovation & Talent Coordinator, Quad Cities Chamber.
"Ignite Quad Cities is our venture into creating a welcoming place for entrepreneurs. I'm excited to be a part of this initiative. I wish this resource had been available when I started my business, but now I can help others make their dreams reality," says Ignite Quad Cities volunteer Kelli Grubbs, President, VictoryStore.com.
Volunteer leaders of Ignite Quad Cities include:
• Nicole Cline, Training Consultant – Dale Carnegie, Sponsorship Coordinator
• Chris Glass, Director of Client Relations – Terrostar Interactive Media, Resource Coordinator
• Steve Grubbs, President - Victory Enterprises, Social Media Coordinator
• Amy Jones, Director of Development – Community Health Care, Events Coordinator
• Kevin Nolan, President –Ecogistics, Pathway Coordinator
• John Roche - retired executive, Mentor Coordinator
• Jim Thomson, president – Quad City Community Health Care, Coaching Coordinator
• Paul VanDuyne, President – KJWW Engineering Consultants, Community Development Coordinator
The program is supported by the Quad Cities Chamber, SCORE, and other community businesses and organizations.
Think Big. Grow. Ignite