Patricia Sparks

Posted Online: March 15, 2014, 5:59 pm
Comment on this story | Print this story | Email this story
A Celebration of Life for Patricia M. Sparks will be held from 2 to 4 p.m. Sunday, March 23, at Rock Island Moose Lodge No. 190, 4410 9th St.
Patricia left this Earth on Dec. 24, 2013, at UnityPoint Health-Trinity Rock Island.
Patricia M. Donelson was born March 23, 1932, in Newcastle, Wyo. She married Roy D. Sparks in Clarksville, Ark. He preceded her in death June 7, 2001.
She is survived by her children (and spouses), Gary (Janet), Port Byron, James, Leesville, La., Ben (Lonnita), Moline, and Peggy (Polly Dirck) Sparks, Milan; five grandchildren; several great-grandchildren; and one sister.
Memorials may be made to Rock Island Moose Lodge No. 190 or Coyne Center Volunteer Fire Department.


Local events heading

  Today is Thursday, July 24, the 205th day of 2014. There are 160 days left in the year.

1864 -- 150 years ago: The Rev. R.J. Humphrey, once a clergyman in this city, was reported killed in a quarrel in New Orleans.
1889 -- 125 years ago: The Rock Island Citizens Improvement Association held a special meeting to consider the proposition of consolidating Rock Island and Moline.
1914 -- 100 years ago: The home of A. Freeman, 806 3rd Ave., was entered by a burglar while a circus parade was in progress and about $100 worth of jewelry and $5 in cash were taken.
1939 -- 75 years ago: The million dollar dredge, Rock Island, of the Rock Island district of United States engineers will be in this area this week to deepen the channel at the site of the new Rock Island-Davenport bridge.
1964 -- 50 years ago: The Argus "walked" to a 13-0 victory over American Container Corporation last night to clinch the championship of Rock Island's A Softball League at Northwest Douglas Park.
1989 -- 25 years ago: The Immediate Care Center emergency medical office at South Park Mall is moving back to United Medical Center on Sept. 1. After nearly six years in operation at the mall, Care Center employees are upset by UMC's decision. The center is used by 700 to 800 people each month.

(More History)