PREP FOOTBALL SCORING UPDATES PRESENTED BY THE HUNGRY HOBO:

Clara Duytschaever


Share
Posted Online: March 15, 2014, 5:59 pm
Comment on this story | Print this story | Email this story
Clara E. Duytschaever, 100, of Moline, passed away Thursday, March 13, 2014, at Friendship Manor, Rock Island.
A Mass of Christian Burial will be 1:30 p.m. Monday, March 17, at Sacred Heart Church, Moline, with visitation from noon to 1 p.m. at Rafferty Funeral Home, 2111 1st St. A, Moline. Entombment will be at St. Mary's Cemetery, East Moline. Memorials can be made to Heartland Hospice.
Clara was born Oct. 14, 1913, in Moline, daughter of Aime and Martha DeMool DeBaetes. She married Gerard Herman on Dec. 30, 1930, at Sacred Heart Church, Moline. He preceded her in August 1947. She married Henry Pysson on April 30, 1949, at Sacred Heart Church, Moline. He preceded her in May 1954. She married Camiel Duytschaever on Oct. 8, 1955, at Sacred Heart Church, Moline. He preceded her in December 1975.
Clara worked at the former McCabe's Department Store, Rock Island.
Clara was a member of Sacred Heart Church, Moline, Sacred Heart Altar and Rosary Society, Friend Circle Club, Red Hats, Moline Activity Center and a monthly ladies card club for 45 years. She enjoyed dancing, playing cards, traveling, reading, music, embroidering and especially baking lemon meringue pie and Belgian cookies.
Survivors include her children, Janeen (John) Sant Amour, Rock Island, and Peter (Carol) Duytschaever, Moline; 25 grandchildren, including Christine (James) Jorgensen, Antioch, Ill.; 61 great-grandchildren; 54 great-great-grandchildren; and two great-great-great-grandchildren; and daughter-in-law, Jan Herman, Milan. She was preceded in death by her children, MaryAnn Fricke and Frank Herman; stepdaughters, Marianne Elder and Camilla Hillman; great-grandson, Brian Cook; and a special friend, Albin "Beanie" Babinski.
Condolences may be left at RaffertyFunerals.com.












 




Local events heading








  Today is Saturday, Aug. 30, the 242nd day of 2014. There are 123 days left in the year.

1864 — 150 years ago: A large pair of elk, captured in Iowa, were exhibited in Market Square today.
1889 — 125 years ago: The Rock Island Arsenal dam was being constructed under the supervision of Charles Frances, of Lowell, Mass.
1914 — 100 years ago: Mrs. Frank Mixer, of Rock Island, was the winner of the final preliminary for the women's handicap golf cup at Rock Island arsenal links.
1939 — 75 years ago: Sixteen hundred persons — many from war-fearful Europe — arrived in New York aboard the German liner Bremen. For two days on the trip, passengers were cut off from the world with both incoming and outgoing radio messages banned.
1964 — 50 years ago: Police reported five youths have been involved in the theft of about seven cars in recent weeks. Three of the youths were arrested Saturday afternoon, one was in custody as the result of a previous arrest, and the fifth is expected to be arrested today.
1989 — 25 years ago: The Rock Island/Milan School Board is asking the city to tear down Franklin School and allow the school district to pay back the estimated $100,00 cost during 10 years.






(More History)