Here is a list of some of the local Easter Egg hunts. All are free except where noted:|
Saturday, April 12
- 9:30 a.m.: R.I. Parks and Recreation hunt at Lincoln Park, 11th Avenue and 38th Street. Bring bags and baskets. Some eggs contain prizes. Age-appropriate hunt areas and photos with a bunny. Rain location is Rock Island Fitness and Activity Center, 4303 24th St. 309-732-7275.
- 10 a.m.: Colona United Methodist Church, 1709 Cleveland Road, for ages 10 and younger. Three age groups. Door prizes. Rain date is April 19. 309-792-1661.
- 10 a.m.: First Presbyterian Church, 777 25th Ave., East Moline, 309-755-1595.
- 10 a.m.: Countryside Christian Church, 3817 230th St. N., Port Byron. Refreshments, crafts and a story. Rain location is inside. 309-523-2834.
- 10 a.m.: Friends of Sherrard Library's egg hunt at Sherrard Park, 3rd Street and 5th Avenue. 309-593-2178.
- 10 a.m.: Miles Memorial Park, 14th Avenue and 15th Street, Viola. Rain date is April 19.
- 11 a.m.: Dahl Ford Davenport, 1310 E. Kimberly Road. Ages 12 and younger. Doors open at 10 a.m. for bounce houses, balloon artists and face-painting. Admission is a nonperishable item for the River Bend Foodbank. 563-391-2600.
- 1 p.m.: AlWood Lions Club hunt on the east side of Alwood Elementary School, 101 E. A St., Woodhull. Rain date is April 19. 309-629-5011.
- 1:30 to 2 p.m.: River Valley Library, 214 S. Main St., Port Byron. Registration required. 309-523-3440.
- 2 p.m.: Greater Bettendorf Community Foundation's Mayor's Easter egg hunt on the soccer fields, Crow Creek Park, 4800 Devils Glen Road. Children's games at 1 p.m. Rain date is April 19. 563-210-0465 .
Friday, April 18
- 9 a.m.: Dwyer & Michael's Adult Easter egg hunt for ages 21 and older at Mississippi Valley Fairgrounds, 2815 W. Locust St., Davenport. Grand prize is a car. No baskets or anything to carry eggs allowed. No kids allowed. Photo ID required. 563-326-2541.
Saturday, April 19
- 9 a.m.: Easter Egg Scramble 5K run/walk starts and ends at 2132 E. 11th St., in Village of East Davenport. Cash prizes. 1/2-mile Bunny Hop for ages 12 and younger at 8:30 a.m., and egg hunt at 10 a.m. Post-race party includes brunch, live music and drinks. $40. Part of proceeds go to the Handicapped Development Center. Online registration is at getmeregistered.com.
- 10 to 11:30 a.m.: Immanuel Lutheran Church and Preschool, 3834 Rockingham Road, Davenport. Ages 10 and younger. Registration starts at 9:30 a.m. Bring a basket; bags will be provided. Age groups with staggered start times. Crafts, games, face-painting and a cookie walk. Free coffee and lemonade. Rain location is indoors. 563-324-6431.
- 11 a.m.: Trackside Quad City Downs hunt for ages 10 and under at Quad City Downs, 5005 Morton Drive, East Moline. Rain or shine. Food and soft drinks available. 309-792-0202.
- Noon: Gospel Mission Temple, 5074 N. Pine St., Davenport. 4,500 eggs with candy. Also event for children with special needs ages 16 and under. Food and vendors. 563-388-9081.
- 1 p.m.: Ranch Riders' hunt at Mississippi Valley Fairgrounds, 2815 W. Locust St., Davenport. Gates open at 10:30 a.m.; hunt at 1 p.m. Bring baskets or sacks. Four age fields and special needs field. Suggested donation is $2; but no one will be turned away for lack of donation. Proceeds benefit Children's Therapy Center of the Quad Cities. 309-762-9552, ext. 103.
- 1 p.m.: Humane Society of Scott County Doggie Easter egg hunt, Fejervary Park, 1759 W. 12th St., Davenport. Registration starts at 12:30 p.m. Dog Best in Show Bonnet contest (fee is $2). Dogs sniff out treats in two groups -- small and large -- and must be leashed. Dogs may come in costume. Entry fee is $10 per dog. 563-388-6655.
Sunday, April 20
- 12:30 p.m.: Quad City Botanical Center egg hunt, 2525 4th Ave, Rock Island. Toys, candy and seeds. Ages 2 to 5 hunt at 12:30 p.m.; ages 6 to 10 at 1 p.m. Planting and other activities until 2 p.m. Free with admission. 309-794-0991.
Milan, IL Details
|(More Print Ads)|