LOCAL FOOTBALL SCORING UPDATES PRESENTED BY THE HUNGRY HOBO:

Earl Oberhaus


Share
Posted Online: July 01, 2014, 8:08 pm
Comment on this story | Print this story | Email this story
Funeral services and Mass of Christian Burial for Earl F. Oberhaus, 84, a resident of Davenport, will be 10 a.m. Saturday, July 5, at Our Lady of Victory Catholic Church, Davenport. Burial will be at Mt. Calvary Cemetery, Davenport.
Visitation is from 4 to 6 p.m. Thursday, July 3, at Halligan-McCabe-DeVries Funeral Home, Davenport, with a prayer service at 6 p.m. There will be an additional visitation on Saturday morning at church from 9 a.m. until the time of the service.
Mr. Oberhaus passed away on Monday, June 30, 2014, at Clarissa C. Cook Hospice House in Bettendorf. Memorials may be made to Our Lady of Victory Building Fund, or the First Tee Program, Red Hawk Golf Course.
Earl Francis Bleile was born March 23, 1930, in Balltown, Iowa, a son of John Bleile and Loretta Hinde Bleile. He was the foster son of William Oberhaus. He was united in marriage to Lorraine Thissen on Oct. 23, 1954, at the Nativity Church in Dubuque, Iowa. Lorraine preceded Earl in death on April 19, 2014.
He served our country in the U.S. Army during the Korean War. Earl worked in the construction field and as a laborer for Marolf Masonry, retiring in 1995. Bowling, golf and supporting the Hawkeyes, Cubs and Bears were a few of the things that Earl enjoyed. He loved spending time with his family.
He is survived by his children, Steven (Linda Blair) Oberhaus, Binghamton, N.Y., Daniel (Joan) Oberhaus, Davenport, Paul (Diana) Oberhaus, Egan, Minn., Michael (Sue) Oberhaus, Rock Island, and Kathleen (Ron) Evanchyk, Davenport; 12 grandchildren; four great-grandchildren; brother, Melvin (Joan) Oberhaus; sister, Bernice Bleile; and numerous nieces, nephews and extended family.
He was preceded in death by his wife, Lorraine; his parents; and sisters, Darlene Bleile and Louella Rosa. May they rest in peace.
Online remembrances and condolences may be expressed by visiting Earl's obituary at hmdfuneralhome.com.














 



Local events heading








  Today is Saturday, Sept. 20, the 263rd day of 2014. There are 102 days left in the year.

1864 -- 150 years ago: Recruits can get $500 by enlisting now. Lt Jobe has a recruiting office on Illinois Street.
1889 -- 125 years ago: Superintendent Schnitger formally inaugurated the Rock Island and Davenport Railway Line of the Holmes system by putting on four cars to start.
1914 -- 100 years ago: Wires of the defunct Union Electric Co. are being removed by city electricians.
1939 -- 75 years ago: The Bishop Hill softball team won the championship in WHB"S Mississippi Valley tournament at Douglas Park.
1964 -- 50 years ago: A boom in apartment construction has hit Rock Island, with approximately 300 units either in or near the construction stage or due for an early rezoning decision.
1989 -- 25 years ago: Members of the Bi-State Metropolitan Planning Commission are hoping to revive their push for a new $70 million four-lane bridge spanning the Mississippi River.






(More History)