Press release submitted by Renaissance Rock Island|
Rolling Ribbon cutting set for Aug. 26 to celebrate new downtown R.I. businesses
ROCK ISLAND – Renaissance Rock Island will celebrate nine new businesses in downtown Rock Island on Tues., Aug. 26, 2014 with a rolling ribbon cutting event.
"This celebration is about downtown's 're-renaissance.' We continue to meet the needs of our growing downtown. We are proud of the investments of these new business owners who have chosen to plant their roots in Rock Island and the commitment of existing business owners who are expanding their businesses in downtown," said Renaissance Rock Island President Brian Hollenback.
Attendees will move from business to business during the rolling ribbon cutting, allowing them to see what each new business has to offer, with a ribbon cut at each one. The event will kick off at Small Wonders Photography, 321 24th St. in Jackson Square, at 2 p.m. and then continue to other locations.
This marks the second rolling ribbon cutting hosted by Renaissance Rock Island this year, with the April 2014 rolling ribbon cutting celebrating 10 businesses. More than 20 businesses have opened or expanded in downtown Rock Island this year.
The following businesses are participating in the Aug. 26 event:
1. Small Wonders Photography, 321 24th St. (new location in Jackson Square)
2. Tapas Yoga Shala, 100 19th St., Suite 102 (newly expanded location in McKesson Lofts)
3. Inland Home Mortgage, 100 19th St., Suite 103 (new location in McKesson Lofts)
4. Herbert F. Schultz, Jr. P.C. 100 19th St., Suite 101 (new location in McKesson Lofts)
5. East Town Chinese, 1825 2nd Ave. (new ownership and menu, recent renovations in Star Block)
6. Zodiac Portraits, 1700 2nd Ave., (business' first physical location in Shoppes on 2nd)
7. The Neppl Law Centre, 120 16 ½ St. (new location in former Renaissance Rock Island office)
8. The District Theatre, 1623 2nd Ave. (new location in Bowlby Building)
9. L Couture By Tita's Linens, 1616 2nd Ave. (new ownership in Goldman Family Block)
Luxury Hair Boutique, located in The Shoppes on 2nd, is a new retail business. Luxury Hair is unable to participate in this ribbon cutting, but will have a ribbon cutting on Friday, Sept. 5 at 4 p.m.
For more information about Renaissance Rock Island, visit www.LiveRI.com or call (309) 788-6311.
Rock island, IL Details
|(More Print Ads)|