Originally Posted Online: Dec. 02, 2012, 8:26 pm
Last Updated: Dec. 02, 2012, 9:54 pm
Sports' top hits for the week
Comment on this story
Marc Nesseler, email@example.com
More photos from this shoot
Photo: Paul Colletti|
Crick Sant Amour, shown here during practice last August, resigned as the Moline football coach on Monday night. Sant Amour compiled a 14-14 record in three seasons with the Maroons, including the 2011 Western Big 6 Conference title.
According to the number of clickthroughs on QCOnline.com, these were the most popular sports stories for the past week:
1. ''Sant Amour resigns as football coach at Moline High School': Citing family reasons, Maroons football coach Crick Sant Amour steps down.
2. 'Mercer County gathers for final salute to its state football champions': The Class 2A state football champion Golden Eagles get a big welcome home in Aledo.
3. 'Burrage keeps eye on present and future': At Texas-San Antonio, former UT standout Kannon Burrage is doing his best to keep his dream of playing professionally alive.
4. 'Rocks bank another win, top Alleman in Big 6 opener': The Rocks move to 4-0 with an conference-opening rout over the Pioneers.
5. 'Thinking big, Rockridge's Happ works to perfect his basketball skills': Bound for Wisconsin, Rockets junior standout Ethan Happ is the week's Area Pacesetter.
6. 'Both Rocky squads open in Top 10 in state hoops rankings': The boys check in at No. 5, the girls at No. 8.
7. 'Dispatch/Argus Golfer of the Year, Rockridge's Dylan Daxon': Daxon leads our entourage of all-star prep boys' golfers.
8. 'Pioneers counted on each other during journey': Alleman's football team celebrates its state runner-up success at a welcome home at Don Morris Gymnasium.
9. 'Dominant Rockets rout Knoxville to clinch Orion Tip-Off Classic title': The first week of boys' basketball ends in a tournament title for the Rockridge Rockets.
10. 'Rocks hold off UT, remain unbeaten in Big 6': Rock Island's girls' basketball team fends off a scrappy Panthers team to go to 2-0 in the conference.