Posted Online: April 07, 2013, 8:07 pm
Sports' top hits for the week
Comment on this story
Marc Nesseler, firstname.lastname@example.org
According to the number of click-throughs on QCOnline.com, these were the most popular sports stories for the past week:
More photos from this shoot
Photo: John Greenwood|
Rock Island assistant coach Steve Ebner will be inducted into the Illinois High School Football Coaches Association Hall of Fame on April 6 in Champaign. Ebner has been an assistant coach at Alleman and Rock Island since 1974.
1. 'Fyre Lake opening still on hold': In spite of an e-mail that said otherwise, the Sherrard golf course still hasn't pinpointed a start date.
2. ''Former Mallard Snowden still fighting': John Snowden of the Fort Worth Brahmas haunts his former Mallards team.
3. 'Lucky Ebner gets Hall call': Rock Island assistant football coach Steve Ebner tells how fortunate he is to be inducted into the state's hall of fame.
4. 'UT boys win another Shipley title': The Panthers' boys team shows its talent and depth to start the outdoor track & field season.
5. 'More OT heartbreak for Mallards': The Quad City Mallards lose a second straight CHL playoff game in overtime to trail 3-0 in the best-of-7 series.
6. 'April Fool's Day, Mallards wish weekend was a joke': The Mallards must bounce back from a pair of could-have-been wins as they bring the playoffs vs. Fort Wayne to the I wireless Center.
7. 'Tigers hand Maple Leafs first setback': Sherrard defeats defending Class 3A regional champion Geneseo 8-5 on the baseball diamond.
8. 'Pioneers find scoring touch against Rock Island': Alleman posts a 4-0 shutout over the Rocks in girls' soccer.
9. 'Dead Ducks? Not yet, as Mallards eye tall task of overcoming 3-0 series deficit': Mallards beat writer Steve Tappa previews Game 4 of the Quad City-Fort Wayne CHL playoff series.
10. 'Giovannine kicks off recruiting class with bigs': Augustana men's basketball coach Grey Gionvannine inks a pair of big men from Bishop MacNamara and LaSalle-Peru.