Posted Online: Feb. 18, 2014, 6:58 pm

Moline kitchen fire caused by overheating cooking oil

Comment on this story

MOLINE -- Overheated cooking oil caused a fire in Moline early Tuesday.

According to Moline Fire Department Capt. Mick Dochterman, two residents were inside the home at 1002 40th St., when the fire started in the kitchen.

Fire crews arrived to find flames showing and had the fire out within five minutes.

One resident was transported by ambulance to an area hospital with non-life threatening injuries, Capt. Dochterman said.

The fire damage was moderate and smoke and water damage was heavy, he said. The utilities were disconnected and the home is uninhabitable. The American Red Cross is assisting the residents.