Day in history for October 21, 2000
- 1875 -- 125 years ago
- McCarty, Rafferty And Co. have been awarded the contract for the stone work at Broadway Presbyterian Church, Rock Island.
- 1900 -- 100 years ago
- The Tri-City Press Club entertained James Whitcomb Riley in the parlors of the Kimball House, Rock Island.
- 1925 -- 75 years ago
- The Augustana board of directors is expected to approve plans for a new $200,000 building.
- 1950 -- 50 years ago
- When Scott County's new courthouse is completed, residents of the county can expect a building designed for utmost economy. Such was the opinion advanced by C.C. Woodburn of the architectural and engineering firm of Dougher, Rich And Woodburn, Des Moines, at a meeting with 50 representatives of Davenport civic groups yesterday. Woodburn said the new courthouse will be designed as a dignified office building and will be planned to provide maximum safety for the valuable records of various county officials.
- 1975 -- 25 years ago
- Bill Colby, Knox College junior from East Moline, has won the 1975 K Club Award at the Galesburg college. The honor goes to an athlete who wins two varsity letters as a sophomore and ranks among the top three in grade points among those men winning letters. Colby has earned letters in basketball and baseball at Knox and is captain of this year's Siwash basketball team.
Back: Available days in October 2000