Day in history for April 22, 2002
- 1852 -- 150 years ago
- Jenny Lind Goldschmidt, the wonderful singer from Sweden, and her husband are now in Rock Island making arrangements for concerts she will give before she goes to Europe.
- 1877 -- 125 years ago
- Keator and Company's mill is making about 75,000 feet of lumber daily.
- 1902 -- 100 years ago
- W.F. Widmer, junior secretary of the Rock Island YMCA, today went to Cambridge, via Geneseo, making the trip on his bicycle.
- 1927 -- 75 years ago
- The Illinois conference of Augustana Lutherans voted against a proposal to separate Augustana Theological Seminary from Augustana College.
- 1952 -- 50 years ago
- As a means of encouraging owners of rural mail boxes to repair or replace deteriorated mail boxes the post office department has designated the week of May 3 as ``Rural Mail Box Improvement Week,'' according to Frank Huggins, acting postmaster in East Moline. Rural mail boxes which are not properly erected or which are not in good condition retard the delivery of mail and expose it to damage from the elements.
- 1977 -- 25 years ago
- Art Conelly, owner of Art Conelly And Associates, Moline, was honored as the ``Realtor of the Year'' by the Rock Island County Board of Realtors, Inc. Conelly has been active in both local and state association legislative committees and was commended for his work toward the purchase of the building site for the board offices.
Back: Available days in April 2002