Day in history for November 26, 2002
- 1852 -- 150 years ago
- A German moving from Hampton to Rock Island gave his wooden chest (containing all his clothing) to an American with instructions to take it to Rock Island. Having forgotten the American's name, the German now calls upon him to fetch the chest up to the brewery or to give notice at this office.
- 1877 -- 125 years ago
- Fire destroyed the stock of groceries and the store of Henry and Michael Fluegel.
- 1902 -- 100 years ago
- Dr. J.W. Stewart appealed to citizens to contribute money to the fund being raised by the Associated Charities for relief work among the poor.
- 1927 -- 75 years ago
- Raymond G. Lohse, a garage owner, was struck and injured by a car as he was inspecting an auto damaged in an earlier accident.
- 1952 -- 50 years ago
- Mayor Melvin L. McKay today issued a proclamation naming Saturday as Howdy Doody Day in Rock Island. The proclamation was released to honor the ``Howdy Doody Show'' cast, which will present two performances at 10:45 a.m. and 2:45 p.m. Saturday in Rock Island Armory. The mayor encouraged a large turnout of Quad-City youngsters.
Back: Available days in November 2002