Q-C Online support pages
Technical support article
Setup Instructions for Windows NT 4.0
If you already have Remote Access Service installed on your machine, skip to section 2.
- Double-click My Computer, double-click Control Panel, and then double-click the Network icon.
- Click on the Services tab, then click Add.
- Select Remote Access Service and click OK.
- You may then be asked for the Windows NT CDROM. Insert the disk and your computer will copy some files over. Once this is complete you may be asked to select a modem. Follow the steps in the wizard to install your modem if this is so.
- Click OK.
- Select the brand of modem that is installed on your computer and click Configure.
- Select Dial Out Only and click OK.
- Click on Network, select TCP/IP, and click OK.
- Click Continue.
- Double-click My Computer, and then double-click Dial-Up Networking.
- Click on New.
- Type QCOnline in the space provided and click Next.
- Select Options and click Next.
- For Phone Number use one of the following:
- 757-1160 - Moline access number with X2 or V.90 connect speeds
- 945-4775 - Geneseo access number with X2 or V.90 connect speeds
- 582-2554 - Aledo access number with X2 or V.90 connect speeds
- 386-5659 - Davenport access number for users outside the metro area only
- Click Finish.
- Click on More.
- Select Edit modem and entry properties and click Configure.
- Set the initial speed as follows:
- 38400 - 28.8k or 33.6k modems
- 115200 - 56k modems
- Check all the hardware features appropriate for your modem and click OK.
- Click the Server tab. Check TCP/IP, check Enable software compression, and uncheck PPP LCP Extensions.
- Click the TCP/IP settings button. Uncheck Use IP Header Compression, check Use Default Gateway on Remote Network, and check Server Assigned IP Address.
- Select Specify Name Server Addresses and enter the following:
- Primary DNS: 188.8.131.52
- Secondary DNS: 184.108.40.206
- Click OK.
Please read the Terms of Agreement.
Before you can proceed any further you will need to call Quad-Cities OnlineŽ Customer Service at (309) 757-5037 during the phone support hours and provide us with the information to create an account. Please be ready with the contact information for the account holder - including name, address, and telephone number. You will also be asked to select a username and password.
A username is the identity you will be known as on the system and will also be the first part of your email address. For example, if you choose a username of JoeSomebody then your email address would be email@example.com. Usernames are restricted to being between 3 and 12 characters long with letters and/or numbers only, no spaces or other special punctuation is allowed.
The password is a special code known only to yourself and is required along with the username to access your account on our system. When choosing a password it is suggested that you use something which is not easily guessed by others to prevent your account from being accessed without your knowledge. The password must be between 3 and 9 characters with letters and/or numbers only (no spaces or punctuation) and cannot be the same as your username.
Select the QCOnline entry you created and click Dial. You will be asked to provide the username and password that you selected when you created your account. Leave the Domain box blank and then click OK.
Now that you are connected to Quad-Cities OnlineŽ you have access to a wide variety of features and services available both on our system and out on the Internet in general. For information on setting up your email and other programs, as well as questions that you may have about the Internet in general, please proceed to the Technical Support page.