COLLEGES AND UNIVERSITIES
TRADE AND TECHNICAL SCHOOLS
- Augustana College -- An independent four-year college of liberal arts and sciences affiliated with the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America, Augustana will celebrate 125 years in the Quad-Cities in the year 2000. Campus attractions include the Fryxell Geology Museum, John Deere Planetarium and Centennial Hall. New science and educational technology buildings are scheduled to open for the fall term. 639 38th St., Rock Island; (309) 794-7000.
- Black Hawk College -- A two-campus community college fully accredited by the North Central Association, Black Hawk offers two-year associate's degrees as well as vocational and technical training. The Moline Campus is at 6600 34th Ave., 796-1311; East Campus is at 1501 Illinois 78, Kewanee, (309) 852-5671 or (800) 233-5671.
- Marycrest International University -- Founded by the Sisters of Humility, Marycrest is a coeducational, private four-year liberal-arts college offering bachelor's- and master's-degree programs and a weekend program for working adults. 1607 W. 12th St., Davenport; (319) 326-9512.
- Mount St. Clare College -- A four-year coeducational liberal-arts college in Clinton, Iowa, founded in 1918 by the Sisters of St. Francis. The college offers bachelor's degrees in art, business, science, applied science and general studies; an accelerated program; an associate of arts degree, and graduate courses in education. (319) 242-4023.
- Palmer College of Chiropractic -- Founded in 1897, Palmer is the oldest and most respected name in chiropractic education. It is accredited by the North Central Association and the Council on Chiropractic Education and offers a five-year doctor of chiropractic degree, bachelor and master of science degrees, and chiropractic technologist certification. 1000 Brady St., Davenport; (319) 326-9600.
- Quad Cities Graduate Study Center -- A consortium of 12 public and private higher-education institutions in Illinois and Iowa that cooperate to provide a variety of master's-degree programs. Member institutions include Augustana College, Bradley University, Illinois State University, Iowa State University, Marycrest International University, Northern Illinois University, St. Ambrose University, St. Xavier University, University of Illinois, University of Iowa, University of Northern Iowa and Western Illinois University. 639 38th St., Rock Island; (309) 794-7376.
- St. Ambrose University -- A private four-year liberal-arts college offering a wide range of programs leading to both bachelor's and master's degrees, as well as a new doctoral program in business administration. Its Galvin Fine Arts Center hosts concerts and houses the Catich Gallery, which features calligraphic artwork. 518 W. Locust St., Davenport; (319) 333-6000.
- Scott Community College -- A two-year college accredited by the North Central Association. Programs are offered for both college transfer and career education. 500 Belmont Road, Bettendorf; (319) 441-4001. It is one of three community colleges comprising the Eastern Iowa Community College District; (319) 322-5O15.
- Western Illinois University -- Founded in 1899, based in Macomb and accredited by the North Central Association. The university offers four undergraduate-degree programs at its Regional Undergraduate Center, 3561 6Oth St., Moline. 762-9481.
ILLINOIS AND IOWA HIGHER EDUCATION
- Academy of Massage Therapy, 425 17th St., Moline; 762-8231
- American Institute of Commerce, 1801 E. Kimberly Road, Davenport; 355-3500
- Bible Missionary Institute, 3501 46th Ave., Rock Island; 788-0491
- Capri College, 425 E. 59th St., Davenport; 388-6642
- Commonwealth Business College, 1527 47th Ave., Moline; 762-2100
- Davenport Barber College, 730 E. Kimberly Road, Davenport; 391-9950
- Hamilton Technical College, 1011 E. 53rd St., Davenport, 386-3570
- La'James College of Hairstyling, 211 W. 53rd St., Davenport, 386-7700; 485 42nd Ave., East Moline, 755-1313; (888) 880-2107
- Lincoln Barber College, 655 15th Ave., East Moline; 755-1667
- Marketing Unlimited School of Modeling, 1921 5th Ave., Moline; 762-1978
- Partners in Job Training, 1504 3rd Ave., Rock Island; 793-5200
- Quad City Area Flying Eagles, 6152 76th Ave., Moline; 799-7559
- Skills Inc., 1122 5th Ave., Moline; 797-3586
- Tomahawk Flying, Quad City International Airport, Moline; 799-3501
- Augustana College -- 794-7000
- Black Hawk College -- 796-1311
- Eastern Iowa Community College District -- 322-5015
- Marycrest International University -- (319) 326-9512
- Palmer College of Chiropractic -- (319) 326-9600
- Quad Cities Graduate Center -- 794-7376
- Scott Community College -- 359-7531
- St. Ambrose University -- 383-8800
- Western Illinois University Regional Center -- 762-9481